If you would like to find patent attorney to register your patent in Vietnam, SB Law, is a Patent Law Firm, can assist you to handle this work:
For your clarification, we would like to provide you some information about the legal proceeding to protect patent in Vietnam as follows:
1.The schedule of charge for filing a patent application in Vietnam
Our fee for filing a patent application in Vietnam is dependent on the number of independent claims, length of specification and translation fee, namely as hereafter:
Fee for translation of specification (From English into Vietnamese)
Fee forfiling application for patent (with specification not exceed 5 pages in)
– Additional fee for each pages from the sixth one;
– Addition fee for each independent claim from the second one;
Fee forclaiming priority right (each earlier applications)
Fee forrequest for substantive examination
– Additional charge for each additional independent claim from the second one
Fee for publication of patent application
– Additional charge for each figure from the second one
Fee for granting patents for invention (including Register and Publication)
– Additional charge for each independent claim from the second one
– Additional charge for figure from the second one.
2. Timeframe for examination of a patent application.
A patent application will be examined through the following process:
– Formality examination: The application will be formality examined within 1-2 months counted from the filing date in Vietnam;
– Publication: The patent application will be published on Industrial Property Gazette within 2 months counted from the date of formality acceptance.
-Substantive Examination: The patent application will be examined the patentable within 18 months counted from the publication date.
3. The required documents
In order to file a patent application in Vietnam, you are required to provide with us the following document:
– The Power of Attorney (signed only, neither notarization nor legalization is required);
– The specification in English;