If the client would like to register trademark in Vietnam, SBLAW would like to introduce the following legal procedure:
1. Trademark search (Optional):
In order to verify the registrablity of your trademark in Vietnam before officially filing trademark application at National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP), you should conduct a search of the trademark.
The result will show whether or not your trademark is similar to trademark registered by other applicants for the same product/service.
In addition, the result will also indicate that the launching of your product under your trademark/brand name into Vietnam market is legal or illegal by that time.
Time frame: 02 working days
The applicant shall send SBLAW the following documents:
- 05 samples of trademark.
- List of products/service bearing trademark
2. Register trademark in Vietnam
2.1 Time frame of trademark registration in Vietnam:
The trademark application shall be passed through three stages:
- Formality examination of trademark application: 01 month
- Publication of trademark application: 02 months counted from the date of acceptance of formality of the trademark application
- Substantive examination: 08-09 months counted from the date of publishing the trademark application
- If the result of substantive examination shows that applicant’s trademark is registrable, NOIP shall issue Certificate of Trademark Registration within 01 month.
2.2 Required documents:
In order to register trademark in Vietnam, the applicant shall provide S&B LAW the following documents:
- 12 samples of trademark (size 8 cm x 8 cm);
- Power of Attorney (Provided by SBLAW);
- List of products/service bearing trademark.
2.3 Validity Duration of trademark registration:
A trademark once registered is valid for a term of 10 years and can be renewed every 10 years for an unlimited period.
we would like to advise you procedure and our fee schedule in relation to trademark registration in Vietnam as follows:
3. FEE SCHEDULE
3.1. Fee schedule
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark in Vietnam, in a smooth case, for your consideration
3.1.1. Trademark searches (Optional)
Trademark search for 01 trademark in one class
|1. Fee for conducting search 01 trademark inone class (optional)||–||80.00|
In words: One hundred and nine US Dollars only.
Note: The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US25.00)
3.1.2. Trademark registration
Trademark registration for one trademark in one class:
1. Fee for filing an application and issuing certificate for one class of goods/services within 6 items*
|– for each additional Class from the 2nd one (if any)||45.00||120.00|
|– for each additional goods/services from 7th one (if any)||10.00||4.00|
|– Fee granting a registration certificate for each additional class from the 2nd one (if any)||8.00||40.00|
|Sub-total (with *):||307.00|
In words: Three hundred and seven US Dollars
Note: The above-quoted fees exclude 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US25.00) and actual communication costs ($US30.00).
In case of any office action or possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
Get in touch with us