Dear Mr/Mrs Attorney, I just open a new business in Vietnam and I would like to registration of product (snack) that company imported to distribute in Vietnam market. However, I have noticed that there are lots of processes and filings I need to prepare and hence I would like to seek for your help to complete it. Thank you very much.
SB Law thank you for your interest in our legal consulting services. We understand that Client is seeking legal advice on registration of product (snack) that company imported to distribute in Vietnam market. Therefore, we are grateful to present you our Legal Services Proposal for your review and consideration.
1. PRELIMINARILY COMMENT
According to Decree 15/2018/ND-CP, there are two type of licenses applying for imported food product:
1.1 Product self-declaration
Food manufacturers and food sellers (hereinafter referred to as “suppliers”) shall prepare self-declaration of pre-packaged processed foods, food additives, food processing aids, food containers, primary packages of foods.
1.2 Registration of the product declaration
Food suppliers must register the declarations of the following products:
- Dietary supplements, medical foods, food for special dietary uses.
- Dietary products for children up to 36 months.
According to preliminary information, we understand that in Vietnam will import food product (snack) and distribute into Vietnam market. We initially considered that your food product (snack) is common food, not including Dietary supplements, medical foods, food for special dietary uses, food having other special ingredients, …as mentioned above. Therefore, the estimated food registration shall be Product self- declaration
Highly note: We reserve the right to adjust the fee if your products are not subject to self-declaration of product after receiving full information from your side.
2. SCOPE OF WORKS
Preparation of the dossier
- Notifying to Client about application documents required in accordance with Vietnamese law;
- Checking and complete dossier on the basis of document is provided by the Client;
- Drafting required application documents for submission;
- Liaising with Client to discuss the draft application documents;
- Obtaining preliminary comments from the licensing authority on the draft application documents;
- Finalizing application documents for execution. Licensing procedure
- Submitting the application dossier to the licensing authority on behalf of Client;
- Following with approval progress of the competent authority;
- Keeping Client updated on the developments and additional requirements, if any;
- Receiving and delivering results to Client.
Roadmap for carrying out above scope of work can be described in details as follows:
Preparing the application dossier:
We anticipate that this phase shall be completed within 07 working days from full receipt of information and document provided by Client;
Submission of application dossier:
We shall submit application dossier within 02 working days from full receipt of duly signed and sealed application dossier;
The estimated time for Product self-declaration shall be around 07 – 10 working days upon the submission.
Customers can refer to more consultation contents of related issues via the link: