Question: I found your website during a google search about trademarking in Vietnam.
We would like to ask you for a quote for trademark registration.
Thanks for your following email regarding the subject matter. Regarding your enquiries concerning the subject matter, we would like to advise you fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
- FEE SCHEDULE
1.1 Trademark information
– Trademark: Copenhagen Sparkling Tea Company
Class 32: 01 product line (Please specify the names of the mentioned products)
Class 33: 04 product lines (5% Alc.) (Please specify the names of the mentioned products)
1.2 Fee schedule
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark in Vietnam, in a smooth case, for your consideration:
1.2.1. Trademark searches (Optional)
Trademark search for 01 trademark in 02 classes
|1. Fee for conducting search 01 trademark in 02 classes(optional)||85.00 * 2
In words: Two hundred and three US Dollars and fifty-five Cents.
Note: The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US25.00)
Trademark registration for 01 trademark in 02 classes:
|1. Fee for filing 01 application for the first class of goods/services within 6 items
– Fee for filing 01 application for 01 additional class from the 2nd one within 6 items
|2. Fee for granting a registration certificate for 01 trademark in the first class of G/S (without limitation of number of goods/services in each class)
– Fee for granting a registration certificate for 01 additional class from the 2nd one.
|3. Communication costs||30.00|
|Sub-total (with *)||591.00|
In words: Six hundred forty-five US Dollars and fifty-five Cents.
Note: The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges and actual communication costs. In case of any office action or possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
- Procedure and timeline
The duration of a trademark searches is around 10-15 working days.
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3-4 months); (2) examination as to substance (9-12 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2-4 months). Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
- Required documents and information
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services
– Specimen of the applied mark (in e-copy only)
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant. No need notarization or legalization. Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date. One original Power of Attorney can be used for filling one or more applications.