We have been involved in dispute resolution by court and arbitration which were highly appreciated by clients as a way to offload the cases at the Vietnamese system and to create transparency and predictability for the outcome of the hearing process.
The value added that SBLAW offered our client is effective combination of evidence and argument, risks tracking, potential damage and risk control, negotiation and mediation.
SBLAW has represented many clients in dispute resolutions, either by way of out-of-court settlement or before the Vietnamese courts, State agencies or the Vietnam International Arbitration Center. Below are our major deals:
- Advising and supporting the dispute settlement between a Joint Venture Company of Vietnam and Chinese contractor on the payment under the EPC contract for a five-star hotel in Hanoi involving amount of USD 1,000,000.
- Advising and supporting a dispute settlement involving amount of USD 500,000 between a Vietnamese company and a Japanese contractor on the price amendment and performed work under the EPC contract to build a cement plant.
- Advising the Plaintiff, a Turkish company, in the dispute with a Vietnamese company on the violation of the product quality involving an amount of USD 500,000. We represented the Plaintiff as their counsel before the Vietnam International Arbitration Centre next to the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VIAC).
- Advising the Defendant, a joint venture company between a Vietnamese company and a Russian company, in the dispute on contract violation regarding oil industry involving the amount of USD 1,000, 000; we represented the Defendant as their counsel before the Vietnam International Arbitration Centre next to the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VIAC).
- Advising and representing Plaintiff, a Vietnamese Company, before the People’s Court of Hanoi to reject enforcement of the foreign arbitration judgment due to serious breach of litigation procedure. The decision was granted in favor of Plaintiff.
- Representing the Plaintiff, a Singaporean investor, in the dispute involving the amount of USD 500,000 in the Court against the shareholders of a foreign-owned company in Vietnam. With our involvement, the dispute was settled by mediation.
- Representing the Plaintiff in the court of Binh Duong province, to settle the dispute related to violation of a trademark licensing contract amount of USD 1,000,000.
- Representing a Vietnamese company, a Defendant in the international commerce dispute involving an amount of USD 200,000 before the Vietnam International Arbitration Centre next to the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VIAC).
Get in touch with us