Question: We would like to look for an IP agent for handling our Vietnam trademark applications. May we have your quotation for trademark affairs? We hope we could have the opportunity to cooperate with you.
Concerning the above mentioned matter, as one of the leading Vietnamese law firms, we are capable of assisting you with handling all IP matters in Vietnam in an efficient and cost-competitive manner. For your further information, we cordially invite you to visit our official website at www.sblaw.vn. We hope to build up a long-term business relationship with your esteemed firm in the next time.
Regarding your enquiries concerning the subject matter, we would like to advise you procedure and our preferred fee schedule in relation to trademark registration in Vietnam as follows:
- FEE SCHEDULE
1.1 Trademark information
– Applicant: (Please specify)
– Trademark: Please specify
– Class(es): Please specify
1.2 Fee schedule
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark in Vietnam, in a smooth case, for your consideration
1.2.1. Trademark searches (Optional)
Trademark search for 01 trademark
|1. Fee for conducting 01 trademark search in one class (optional)||–||85.00|
In words: One hundred nine US Dollars and twenty five Cents
1.2.2. Trademark registration
Trademark registration for one trademark:
|1. Fee for filing an application for one class of goods/services within 6 items (*)
– for each additional Class from the 2nd one (If any)
– for 13 additional items of goods from 7th one (If any)
|2. Fee for granting a registration certificate for one trademark in one class of G/S (without limitation of number of goods/services in each class) (*)
– Fee granting a registration certificate for each additional class from the 2nd one (If any)
|3. Communication cost (*)||30.00|
|Sub-total (with *):||288.00|
In words: Three hundred twenty seven thousand US Dollars and forty Cents
Note: The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US25.00) and actual communication costs ($US30.00). In case of any office action or possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
-These mentioned fees included 10% discount fee of the service charges for our special client.
- Procedure and timeline
2.1. The duration of a trademark search is around 10-15 working days.
2.2. The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3-4 months); (2) examination as to substance (9-12 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2-4 months). Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
- Required documents and information
– Name and address of the Applicant; (in e-copy only)
– List of Goods/Services (in e-copy only)
– Specimen of the applied mark (in e-copy only)
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant (by courier/express). No need notarization or legalization. Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date.
We hope the above is of your assistance. Should you have any inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.