Hi, I am seeking legal services for providing land due diligence report under Vietnam Legislation for industrial park lands. May I ask if SB Law is providing legal services? If so, what is the scope of work and execution time? Thank you for your time.
SB Law thank you for your interest in our legal consulting services. Regarding your questions, we would like to advise as follows:
1. Scope of works:
Following works are proposed based on the request of Client. However, depending on the specific position/situation of Client, several work items may not be necessary. Meanwhile, other works may be required. SB Law shall immediately advise Client the same upon review documents of the case. However, any additional works shall not fall under the scope of this Legal Service Proposal Letter, but could be provided upon request.
- Preparing Legal Due Diligence Report (“LDDR”)
- Conducting legal due diligence covering the questions required by Client about the Target Lease Land;
- Updating the draft LDDR by the supplementary due diligence (if necessary), and finalizing the LDDR in respect of Vietnamese law.
For avoidance of any doubt, the scope of work shall strictly adhere to following specific assumption:
- The due diligence will be based essentially on results from searches of public records (if available) and documents provided by the Target Lease Land, and the relevant parties will cooperate to provide documents requested in full and in a timely manner;
- While it may be necessary to work on-site at Target Lease Land, such field work (if any) will be limited to two or three days. Additional charge is required and will be calculated on basis of hourly rate (200USD per working hour);
- The scope of due diligence investigation is limited to matters set out in Item (i) above;
- The due diligence documents will be available in Vietnamese or English;
- Communication will be in English or Vietnamese, and will mostly be via email and telephone;
- For litigation and insolvency searches, there is virtually no public record in Vietnam, nor are court dockets available. SB Law will conduct general searches on public sources (such as the internet, certain online databases of governmental agencies, if any), and the information may be limited.
Most substantive works in connection with the legal due diligence in Vietnam and the issuance and update of the Vietnam legal opinion or due diligence report will be within a time span of up to two months, and no significant substantive works will be required thereafter.
Customers can refer to more consultation contents of related issues via the link: