Question: I’d like to inquire the trademark register fees in Vietnam. Would you please send me a quotation and let us know the procedures according to our requirement?
02 trademarks in 02 classes 30 & 43 in Vietnam.
Regarding your enquiries, we would like to advise you procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the intellectual property registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
- Fee schedule
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering a trademark for 02 trademarks in 02 classes 30 & 43 in Vietnam, in a smooth case, for your consideration:
- 1. Trademark search (Optional)
|1. Fee for conducting two trademark searches in two classes (optional)||—||80.00 x 2 x 2 =
Note: The above-quoted fees do not include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US 30.00) and actual communication costs ($US 20.00).
1.2. Trademark registration
|1. Fee for filing two applications for the first class within 6 items||65.00 x 2 =
|190.00 x 2 =
|– Fee for filing two applications for the second class within 6 items||45.00 x 2 =
|120.00 x 2 =
|– For each additional good/service from the 7thgoods/services in each class (if any)||10.00||4.00|
|2. Fee for 02 granting certificates for the first class
|22.00 x 2 =
|70.00 x 2 =
|– Fee for 02 granting certificates for the second class||8.00 x 2 =
|40.00 x 2 =
|Total (sum of Items in bold)
One thousand one hundred and twenty US dollars only
Note: – Discount of 9% our attorney’s fee if you file two trademarks in two classes at one time.
– The above-quoted fees do not include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges ($US 30.00) and actual communication costs ($US 30.00-$US 40.00). In case of any office action or possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
- Procedure and timeline
The duration of a trademark searches is around 05 – 10 working days. The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3-4 months); (2) examination as to substance (9-12 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2-4 months). Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
- Required documents and information
- Name and address of the Applicant; (Please advise)
- List of Goods/Services (Please advise)
- Specimen of the applied mark (in e-copy only)
- An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant. Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date.
We hope the above is of your assistance. Should you have any inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.