Formation of Vietnamese Subsidiary

Nội dung bài viết

Question: My company is a Singapore entity and  is interested in forming a wholly owned subsidiary in Vietnam in the field of overseas study consultation services.

Please let me know the following:

- Would you be able to assist with this project?

- If so, what are your estimated fees for:

+ Forming the wholly-owned subsidiary

+ Obtaining the Investment Registration Certificate and Enterprise Registration Certificate

+ Obtaining the license issued by the Department of Education and Training

Thank you for your time.

Answer: I am Lawyer of SB Law. I was entrusted to provide you legal advice regarding to your inquiry below. We noted that your Company would like to operate in the field of oversea study consultation service.

However, Vietnam Government does not commit to open market for foreign investor to run business in this field. Thus, it is not compulsory for Vietnam Government to grant your company business license on this field. From our practical experience in similar previous case, we are of opinion that chance for setting up a foreign owned company in this field is very minor.

We are of opinion that your Client should consider opening a Representative Office in Vietnam for promoting its services in Vietnam. Furthermore, the representative office can act as contact point of the parent company in Vietnam. Meanwhile, client shall directly enter into service agreement with the Parent Company in Japan.

If you would like further information on Formation of Vietnamese Subsidiary, please either email to our Partners at: or call to our Office:

Ha Noi Office: +84 (4) 62 62 0246

HCM Office: +84 (8) 35 208 101.


Contact us for 24/7 consulting support

    Related Posts