Foreign Contractor withholding and other legal advice for Foreign Investors

Nội dung bài viết

Question: I'm looking for some legal advice and possible legal retention on ongoing business I as a business consultant for an education firm in HCM City.

I've recently run into some difficulty receiving payment for invoices due - banks have asked for tax id information, and I've given them my American IRS Employer Identification Number, but they've responded that I need to register as a foreign contractor before I can receive payment, an issue I've never run into before.

This is a fairly time-sensitive issue, and I'm curious if someone at SBLAW can advise me. I'm based in Chicago.

Answer: I am Lawyer of SB Law. I was entrusted to provide you legal advice regarding to the matter below.

At presence, we need some further information so that we can have better understanding about your case:

- What's kind of service that you supplied to the Vietnam Firm?

- Did you supply service under your individual name or name of your company?

- Whether your service is involved with a project financed by Government?

- If possible, please send us contract signed between you and Vietnam Firm. Then, we shall study and advise you the best solution for your case.

We shall estimate our fee and inform you before starting work. If you have any further inquiry, please feel free to contact us.

If you would like further information on Foreign Contractor withholding and other legal advice for Foreign Investors, please either email to our Partners at: or call to our Office:

Ha Noi Office: +84 (4) 62 62 0246

HCM Office: +84 (8) 35 208 101.


Contact us for 24/7 consulting support

    Related Posts