Question: My name is Peter, and I am based in hongkong. I am in the process of launching a company (software development) in Japan and wanted to seek expert advise and guidance to have an off-shore development center in Vietnam, preferably Hanoi.
I wanted to find out:
1) What options exist to open an off-shore center in Vietnam?
2) How does the management of this operation work if I continue to be primarily based in Japan and make only periodic trips to Vietnam
3) How does processing of business visa work for Vietnam and what role can SB Law play in the process
4) Does SB Law also provide tax and accounting services?
While there is a wealth of information on the internet, however, reality on the ground is sometimes different, particularly in emerging markets.
If your firm does not handle such matters, are there any firms which you can recommend?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Answer: It is grateful to meet you through email. Please see our comments below:
1) What options exist to open an off-shore center in Vietnam?You can setup a subsidiary company in Vietnam which shall act as an off-shore center in Vietnam.
2) How does the management of this operation work if I continue to be primarily based in Japan and make only periodic trips to VietnamOwner of a company in Vietnam does not need to reside in Vietnam. However, a legal representative of the Company who shall act on behalf of the company to sign all legal instruments, contracts and liaise with the competent authority must reside (temporarily or permanently resides in Vietnam). You can have more than one legal representative and one of them must reside in Vietnam.
3) How does processing of business visa work for Vietnam and what role can SB Law play in the processAfter establishment of the subsidiary company in Vietnam, your subsidiary company in Vietnam can act as a Guardian to issue an invitation letter for you to obtain a multiple business visa for you. We shall assist you to obtain such multiple business visa.
4) Does SB Law also provide tax and accounting services?No, we shall have our business partner to provide you tax and accounting services.
If you are interested in our service for setting up a subsidiary company in Vietnam, please let us know and we shall send you our quotation fee. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Get in touch with us