Question: We wish to file new application for registration of trade mark in Vietnam. You are requested to provide you all inclusive charges for registration of trade mark in break up (official fee+ Professional fee) from filing up to registration in Vietnam.
Regarding your enquiries concerning the subject matter, we would like to advise you on procedure and our updated fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
- FEE SCHEDULE
1.1 Trademark information
– Trademark: (Please specify)
– Class(es): (Please specify)
1.2 Fee schedule
In Vietnam, multi-class application is applicable. The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services (G/S) in each application as well as the number of products designated in each class in the application.
Below is the breakdown of charges for registering one trademark in Vietnam, in a smooth case, for your consideration:
1.2.1. Trademark searches (Optional)
|1. Fee for conducting search 01 trademark in one class (optional)||–||85.00|
|2. Communication cost||30.00|
In words: One hundred and forty five US Dollars and seventy five Cents
1.2.2. Trademark registration for one mark in one class
|1. Fee for filing an application and issuing certificatefor one class of goods/services within 6 items*||110.00||200.00|
|2. Fee for filling an application and issuing certificate for the second class of goods/services within 6 items (if any)||50.00||120.00|
|3. Fee for registration application for each additional good/service from the 7th goods/services (if any)||9.00||3.00|
|4. Communication cost||30.00|
In words: Three hundred and eighty two US Dollars only
– The above-quoted fees include 5% VAT of our service charge, bank charges and actual communication costs. In case of any office action or possible opposition which may occur during the application proceedings, an additional charge may be incurred, upon your approval.
– It takes one – two days for preparing, filing trademark application and obtaining the
filing number from your final filing instruction.
- Procedure and timeline
The duration of a trademark search for one mark in one class is around 10-15 working days.
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3-4 months); (2) examination as to substance (9-12 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2-4 months). Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the NOIP and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
- Required documents and information
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services
– Specimen of the applied mark (in e-copy only)
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant. No need notarization. Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date.