Can you kindly advice me how many annual holidays foreigners have under the VN law who working in Vietnam.
Thanks so much for choosing SB as a consultant for your legal issue. According to your previous email about annual holidays for foreign worker in Vietnam, I have some advise as follows:
1, Public and New Year holidays
– Pursuant to Article 115 of Labour Code 2012, a foreign employee in Vietnam shall entitled to fully paid days off for 12 days as follows:
+ 10 days for Vietnam’s holidays include of:
- Calendar New Year Holiday: 1 day (the first day of January of the calendar year);
- Commemorative Celebration of Vietnam’s Forefather – Kings Hung: 1 day (the tenth of March of the lunar year).
- National Day: 1 day (the second day of September of each calendar year);
- International Labor Day: 1 day (the first day of May of each calendar year);
- Victory Day: 1 day (the thirtieth day of April of each calendar year);
- Lunar New Year Holidays: 5 days;
+ 02 days for holidays of foreign employee’s country include of 1 traditional new year holiday and 1 national day.
2, Annual Leave
– Pursuant to Article 111 of Labour Code 2012, if you have been working for an employer for full 12 months you shall be entitled a fully paid annual leave for 12 working days.
In case you doing a heavy, hazardous or dangerous job or working in a place with harsh living conditions, you shall be entitled to take 14-16 working days off.
If you have any inquiry, please feel free to contact us.
Get in touch with us