To protect the trademark in Vietnam, we would like to advise you on procedure and our fee schedule in relation to the trademark registration proceeding in Vietnam as follows:
1. FEE SCHEDULE
The basic fees are calculated based on the number of class of goods/services which your trademark is trading on. Therefore, to have our fixed quotation, please answer the following questions:
· Where do you derive your business income?
· What is the nature of your business?
· What are you known for by your customers/clients?
· What products or services does your business provide?
Upon receiving your reply, we will provide our exact quotation fee for your kind consideration.
2. PROCEDURE AND TIMELINE
The duration for a trademark application from mature to proceed to registration is around 14-18 months from the filing date, involving these stages (1) examination as to formality and publication on the Gazette (3 months); (2) examination as to substance (9 months) and (3) issuance of registration certificate for the registered mark (2 months).
Kindly note that the term for registration process normally takes longer to several months in practice due to the workload of the National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP)and the slow examination process by the NOIP’s examiner.
3. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION
– Name and address of the Applicant;
– List of Goods/Services;
– Specimen of the applied mark;
– An original Power of Attorney which is simply signed by the Applicant (Please be informed that a scanned/faxed copy of the Power of Attorney is acceptable upon filing provided that the original copy is submitted within 01 month from the filing date).