Foreigners sent to maritime boundary areas must notify their arrival in writing at least 24 hours in advance

Nội dung bài viết

In accordance with the Decree No. 71/2015/ND-CP dated September 03, 2015 of the Government on management of activities of persons, vehicles and craft in maritime boundary areas of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, foreigners sent to maritime boundary areas by Vietnamese agencies or organizations shall produce letters of introduction of provincial-level People’s Committees and, at the same time, notify their arrival in writing at least 24 hours in advance, Vietnamese agencies or organizations shall notify their arrival in writing at least 12 hours in advance to provincial-level Public Security Departments and Border Guard offices of the localities where they will arrive.

For foreigners working in economic zones within maritime boundary areas or partly located in maritime boundary areas, their employers, Vietnamese partners, or representatives of foreign non-governmental organizations shall, within 24 hours after these foreigners start working, notify in writing provincial-level Departments of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, district-level People’s Committees, commune-level Public Security offices and local Border Guard stations of the full names, ages, citizenship, serial numbers of passports, dates of starting and finishing working, tasks, and workplaces of the foreigners, and names and addresses of their employing agencies or organizations.

The Decree also emphasizes that To enter maritime boundary areas, Vietnamese citizens (except permanent residents in these areas) must have one of the following papers: people’s identity card, passport or citizen identification paper, or officer identification paper, army’s identification paper or people’s public security identification paper (for officers and soldiers of the People’s Army and People’s Public Security forces). If intending to stay overnight in these areas, they shall make sojourn registration with commune-level Public Security offices. Operators of waterway craft in maritime boundary areas must possess a captain’s diploma or certificate granted by a competent agency. Chief engineers and seamen must possess a professional diploma or certificate or a practice certificate, seaman’s book and seaman insurance certificate as prescribed by law; and a weapon use permit, if they carry weapons.

This Decree takes effect on October 20, 2015, and replaces the Government’s Decree No. 161/2003/ND-CP of December 18, 2003.



Contact us for 24/7 consulting support

    Related Posts